Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

The past year has brought a lot of tough stuff, not just personally, but also for those close to me, our nation and in the whole world.

It's hard to not get so discouraged and feel defeated when life doesn't go as you plan and/or when loss is a part of your daily life.
But today, on Thanksgiving, I choose to call myself blessed. Not because of any of the material gifts or wonderful people in my life (even though of course I am grateful for these things as well). I am truly blessed despite heartache and pain because God is near to all of us in our tears and our suffering if we just ask Him to be there. It is HIS presence in our lives that is the greatest blessing.
For Jesus told us:
"“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:3-10
Here's an article below that really resonated with me and relates to what I shared above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)