Tuesday, May 28, 2013

SUMMER!!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE teaching. I definitely feel like it's the profession I'm designed for and I LOVE working the the kids.

BUT, summer is still my favorite part of the job. :-) This summer I have BIG plans. I mean, 2 summers ago we were going to a crazy ton of acupuncture and fertility-ish appointments and it was totally depressing and really was the worst.summer.ever. Last summer we had a newborn and it was the best summer ever! BUT, we were also homebound. So, even though having a toddler is is sometimes more exhausting than having a newborn (I'm possibly just forgetting, but seriously, I can't set him down ANYWHERE and him stay there for more than one second at this point), it's also way easier to get out and about and do fun stuff. SO, I decided on my summer schedule.

7am- The buddy wakes up and I get him ready and feed him breakfast.
8am- Go for a run with N in the stroller then we play outside or inside
9:30am- Morning Nap and I get myself and the house ready for the day.
11-11:30am- When he wakes up he gets a quick lunch.
THEN we go to something fun! Like the pool, the zoo, music class, my parents' house, a friends' house, shopping, etc.

2-3:30pm- Try to get home in a decent hour to take a second nap- During this time I can also be productive and make dinner, etc.
5-5:30pm Dinner
7pm- Get him ready for bed
7:45pm- After he's sleeping, pick up the house and get some other stuff done.

I was VERY excited about this plan until he was up for over an hour at 3am on Sunday night and I woke up Monday morning so very, very tired. (We also were up late Sunday night with friends). SO... yesterday's "plan" turned to this:


1. Get in a nap for myself.
2. Take good care of the toddler.
3. Go to bed.

ha! :-) And I was successful at THOSE goals! If I always set goals like that I would be able to check so many more things off my list. ;-) Today we have plans to go to the zoo when he gets up, so I better get ready! I'm also hoping to go to ballet class tonight. First class in about 6 months so wish me luck and no injuries.

4 comments:

  1. i hope the three of you have such a fun summer together! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd bet he'll transition down to one nap sometime this summer, so that may also throw your schedule for a loop. Have fun, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that second schedule sounds like mine everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flexibility...always important.

    And how cool that you take ballet class! Love that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)