Friday, May 31, 2013

Car Seat Safety!

So, a bloggy friend of mine just posted a bunch of information on car seat safety and I'm so glad she did! I discovered that in our state, kids are required to wear booster seats until age 9! AND I saw videos of how important it is to keep your child rear-facing for as long as possible.

I'm NOT one of those people who thinks you have to get the fanciest car seats in order to keep your child safe. Our infant car seats were actually used (but never in an accident) and I never had a problem with this for a few reasons. But mostly because in my research, the BEST ways to keep your baby safe is to rear face them, be sure the carseat is installed correctly, and most importantly, to drive safely! After reading (and watching) this information I will keeping the buddy rear facing until he's 4 years old. Considering how little he is, I'm sure he won't get to 45 lbs before then. :-)

Car Seat Requirements by State


REALLY good information on why to keep your kiddo rear facing


Information on when your child is ready to get rid of the booster seat

You know, if it wasn't for this blog post and other moms posting about this in a forum I'm a part of, I would have NO IDEA how important all this carseat safety is! I wish it was more widely known in our communities, because it could prevent so many injuries.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :-) I hope you find this information helpful.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I'll be honest...we flipped Harriet forward when she was just over a year old. She got so uncomfortable and squished facing backwards. But this is all good information. Andrew and I are going to have to talk about it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)