Monday, April 22, 2013

National Infertility Awareness Week

Yesterday started National Infertility Awareness Week. Last year I had a bunch of posts planned out in my head beforehand and felt so inspired to write! 

I have had lots of blog posts floating through my head recently and have started, but never finished them. Maybe a little lack of inspiration, but also a big lack of time.

Today I will just share a blog post from someone else. She shares her own story through asking us to imagine the steps along her journey. I can't understand all that she has personally been through, but I can sure TRY to. And I think that's the point of NIAW. Those of us that have dealt and/or continue to deal with infertility ask you to try to empathize with our struggle, even when we are being overly emotional or (what seems to you like) crazy. I have some incredible friends and family members who have seen me through many tears and much confusion and I'm so grateful to have them around as life continues to bring trials our way.


Anyway, here's the post. PLEASE take the time to read it. It's from sweet Lauren Casper, whose blog I adore. She's the mom now to two precious children adopted from Ethiopia, but her journey to motherhood was certainly not an easy one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)