Friday, March 22, 2013

Let's Talk SAD...

You know, Seasonal Affective Disorder. Anyone else stuck with the winter blues??

I'll be honest. Life is good. We are blessed. The buddy is healthy and amazing! But, there are days I just want to come home, cry and go to bed. And I blame SAD (that and an overall lack of sleep).

I have never officially been diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder. But, I do hate the cold and LOVE LOVE the sun! And even though I like to think I'm the type of person to avoid "drama," I can fall victim to depression and anxiety. And I do NOT think it's just me!

The winter can be difficult! Back in the fall when I started back to work, N always took his third nap as soon as I got home. This gave me about 1-1.5 hours to get the house cleaned up and dinner started. Then after he woke up and I fed him we would go for a walk. So, by the time he went to bed, the house looked decent, I got gotten outside AND some exercise and we were well fed.

Not so much anymore. I am extraordinarily grateful for my schedule. It means that the majority of the time I'm at work he's sleeping. So, I don't feel like I'm missing TOO much time with him and I get to start and end my day playing with and taking care of this sweet boy. But, it's also exhausting! But now, even though he goes to bed between 6:30 and 7pm, I look around and get overwhelmed. It's hard to even start the laundry, clean-up or (often times) dinner for me and Dave. :/ I'm already tired and feel like my "home duties" have to begin then! I don't know HOW you working moms with more than one kiddo do it! And single moms!? You're my heros!

Anyway, all that to say, I'm tired. And I want to be outside and in the sun. But, it's cold and perpetually cloudy. My spring break started this afternoon and I was hoping it would be full of trips to the park and the zoo, but with temperatures in the 40s that doesn't sound so fun.

So anyway, this post has no cuteness and no SAD advice included. I'm just being open and finally admitting that I'm struggling with it. Praise God spring should be right around the corner, but this lady would NOT be disappointed if it shocked us all and came early! I desperately need some sun and some Vitamin-D! Whew.

2 comments:

  1. I've always hated January and February and felt like I was part bear because I'd rather just hibernate until March; but I also happen to love winter and cold, so not sure if that means SAD or not? Hmmm...

    Hope your winter blues pass soon! I know where I live, we're already getting high 70˚F temps, so spring has definitely arrived in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think that even if you love winter and cold, that the grey skies can get to you! I don't know if that's SAD or not either. Either way, I'm feeling like since I know I HATE those months that I need to start coming up with some strategies to "beat the blues"! We live in the south, which is why it's so hard that it's still acting like winter! It was in the 70s last weekend and the 40s this weekend. Ick! :/ It turned on us!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)