Thursday, January 31, 2013

1 Month "Check-up"

So, how am I doing on my "mindfulness" goal?]

Pathetic. 


Life is busy, the buddy is pulling himself to standing in his crib at night and hasn't yet figured out how to get back down (read: we are woken up numerous times a night to a screaming baby who not only need help lying down but also settling down afterward) and the buddy and I both have a cold. Being mindful is hard when you're totally exhausted! 


But, I press on. I am grateful for our many blessing and want to focus on enjoying the NOW rather than wishing past it (ie: the cold, the exhausting phase, etc). This task is far too big for me I believe, but the closer I get the better. 


Here's a verse I'd like to meditate on in February and not only believe it, but learn to live it. I haven't seen this translation before, but I like the phrasing in the New American Standard Version.


"But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment." 1 Timothy 6:6

Yep. Who cares how many godly things you do when you aren't content are instead are constantly running on the hamster wheel of business and don't stop by enjoy the moments!? Hoe I got addicted to being busy I don't know, but I am and I am also glad for this verse to meditate on in the coming weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, here are cute pictures. Most of them are kind of blurry because it is now impossible for the buddy to be still for a photo. :)






Ha! Going for the good stuff!
                  

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are so sweet! I just started following you, so now I am all caught up on your posts. I like your New Years resolution. It seems like a good one to have, especially with how quickly babies seem to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...pulling up in the crib?? That definitely threw us for a loop for a little bit. Hopefully, he'll figure out the getting down thing very soon.
    Thanks for the pics, and I hope you both feel better soon.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, your son is just DELICIOUS!!! so adorable and how happy your little trio is :) glad i found your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)