Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Holidays & Infertility

I don't think it was just me, but the Holidays with infertility is the pits. Seriously. It's the pits. Christmas is so much of a family-oriented holiday that it's easy to feel left out and wondering if you'll ever have little ones opening gifts with family members fawning all over their cuteness.

This year I am SO, SO excited for Christmas with our little buddy! Oh my goodness it will be so fun to watch him open presents, even though he will have no idea what's going on. :) But, how my heart breaks for those that wish to be parents and aren't yet, or those that want another child and are still waiting. It's TOUGH every day of the year, let alone the time of year when families and children are glorified as the end-all meaning of life (Sorry, but it's true. Watch any tv special and it's all about how family is so important... what a way to leave a whole segment of the population out!).

Anyway, the point is that going through infertility really opened my eyes to so MANY people feeling lonely at this time of year. Infertility is not the only cause of loneliness, so I also feel for those that have lost a loved one, are waiting to find love or are missing out on any portion of the Christmas season. It is a joyful season for so many, but a sorrowful one for others. I hope that I am sensitive to others in pain, but it can be hard when I'm in my own little world. :/ It's also difficult when it seems like people feel like they have to "put on a happy face" no matter what pain they're in. Well, I just want to say I want to be here for you, whoever you are and whatever loneliness you may be feeling this year. You can email me at lareinaisabel@gmail.com. And if you know me in real life, well then, just call me or send me a facebook message!! I'd love to talk to you and be there for you, even if I can't "fix" anything.

And finally, I have never experienced miscarriage, so I can't imagine how difficult it must be. But, I DO imagine that for those who have been through infertility it can be even more devastating, especially if you've been waiting for years for the precious miracle, only to have it taken away so quickly. I recently read a post about this on a blog I love, so I wanted to pass it along. They also have a fantastic list of resources on how to cope with the Holidays when dealing with infertility or pregnancy loss. I hope you'll find it useful or will pass it along to someone who might need it.

Love, prayers and thoughts to everyone this Holiday season. Let's all make it a goal to reach out to at least one person we know who is struggling this year. It would mean the world to that person... and to you! May your Christmas be full of peace and a spirit of hope no matter what this holiday season means to you or what might be missing.

2 comments:

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)