Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mommy Meltdown

Yesterday I had my first "mommy meltdown." You know, the moment where you are completely overwhelmed and your cry hysterically? (I'm hoping I'm not the only one here who has that that moment.)

In the past I have had quite a few infertility meltdowns and parenthood has been so fun, so it's been a while since I've had a meltdown. But, yesterday I couldn't handle it anymore and had to cry it out myself.

Let's just say that the combination of being sick for a few weeks, working during the day and coming home and taking care of the baby at night by myself while hubby is at work, all while not being able to breathe through my nose finally got to me after the buddy cried for an hour and not sleeping. Two nights in a row. (Yes, it is while I have a sinus infection that the buddy has started rolling over from his back to belly in his swaddle, meaning that we now have to train him to sleep without a swaddle... AH! Stressful!)

All is really well. And we are blessed every time I think about life. And thankfully, I think my anti-biotics are FINALLY kicking in today! Whew! Being sick really WEARS YOU OUT! Even though I took 2 sick days from work this week, I never actually got to relax. 'Tis the life of a mom. :-) And I truly love it. It's the sinus infection I would love to live without.

Also, November is Adoption Awareness Month! Woo! I'm hoping to get in some interesting and informative posts up here. :-)


3 comments:

  1. Mama, I'm impressed this is your first meltdown ;) I have them at least monthly, lol. Hope you get feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how the meltdowns go, rare, but they do happen! It is so refreshing to cry though and I always feel better once I do, rather than bottling up all my emotions. Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo for sinus infections!! I'm sorry you've been so sick. You are a super-mom for all that you juggle. . . I am impressed. Hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)