Sunday, September 16, 2012

5 Whole Weeks?!

How sweet is this photo of N with our friends' precious baby girl!?
I can't believe I've been back to school for 5 weeks already!! AH! Time flies when you're super busy I guess!
My transition to work from full-time mommyhood has overall been much better than I would have imagined. I always thought that going back to work as a mom I would be a teary, blubbering mess that felt like the worst mom in the world for leaving her child at home. However (for the most part), it has been quite the opposite thankfully!


This little guy LOVES standing! :-)
I do miss sweet baby N lots while I'm at work and think about him all the time! Especially the first couple of weeks I wondered what he was doing every minute of the day. But, I'm the type of person that likes to stay (very) busy and productive, so getting into a routine and being at work has been good for me and for our family. We DO have to pay the bills you know? ;-)

And our situation is really ideal for where we are right now. I teach a regular 8 hour day on Tuesdays, but the other 4 days out of the week I only teach 5 hours, from 9:30-2:30, which is such a blessing. It's amazing how much of a difference those 3 hours a day makes. :-) Of course I'm doing more work from home than usual and it was a pay cut, but it's totally worth it for those few extra hours. Baby N stays at home with Dave on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I take him to my parents' house on Wednesdays and Fridays and he goes to a part-time dayschool on Mondays. So, really the schedule really works out very well. And even though I DO miss N while I'm at work, it's also good for me to be at a job that I enjoy and that helps me balance things. And, it's also super fun to come home from work and see N break into a huge smile, grab my face and "zero in" on my face for sloppy baby kisses. :-) (He doesn't ALWAYS do that, but when he does it makes my heart so happy!)

1 comment:

  1. Best post EVER. MY heart is so happy to read this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)