Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today is obviously a big day for our family. It's Dave's first Father's Day as a father! It's such a special and meaningful day for us, especially since one of the main reasons that Baby N's birthmother made an adoption plan for him was because she wanted him to be raised by mother a mother and a father. And boy, did she pick a great father for him!! =) Motherhood is wonderful, but I certainly couldn't do it without Dave! Here's to you, my best-friend, partner and Baby N's dad!!






But, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that Father's Day is a difficult day for many. I can now say that I'm grateful for every messy detail of our infertility journey that led us to become Baby N's parents. But, that doesn't remove one bit of the pain we went through or the pain that still lingers. Again, I wouldn't change our situation for numerous reasons, but acceptance doesn't change the fact that a trial or a journey has been difficult.


So, to all of you that want to be fathers (or mothers) and are not on this day, I just want to say that you are thought about and prayed for. If not by name (because we don't know you specifically), then in spirit. And to those of you that might find Father's Day difficult for any other number of reasons, you are in our thoughts as well. May this day next year bring healing and what your heart desires.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, those are just about the sweetest words I have heard in a long time. They gave me chills and also affirmed the love you two have for this new son of yours. May God bless you as you walk the new journey of parenthood. You will and are awesome parents. Love ya
    Alexia Gossett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope hubby had a fabulous first fathers' day! I adore the fist pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so precious! Baby N looks so in love with his daddy! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)