Monday, April 30, 2012

Wonderfully informative interview!

I know Infertility Awareness Week has ended, and I don't usually write too much about infertility. BUT, here is an interview from ABC that is just fantastic if you want to know about infertility, the diagnosis, and the treatment. It's only 6:26 long and it has a lot of information about when to go to the Doctor, what the options are, etc. It's an interview with Dr. Alice Domar, who actually wrote "Conquering Infertility," a fantastic book that I actually reviewed over here! The only problem with the video is how easy they make treatment look. :/ IVF may give a 40% chance of pregnancy each cycle, but it's about $15,000 a cycle, SOOOO unless you're extremely rich, it's not something you can try more than once or twice.(or at all!) :/
Anyway, if you have never been on the infertility roller coaster, you will learn a lot from this video. :) Let me know what you think!


                                         video platform video management video solutions video player

4 comments:

  1. Great video, but I do agree with you that they make it all seem so easy. They didn't talk anything about the emotional aspect of undergoing fertility treatment. Plus I love how she grazed over the financial matters of treatment. Yes, some of the Rx are not that expensive, but IVF is crazy expensive (we're saving now!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment, but it was informative and hopeful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with you too! In her book she goes on a rant about the lack of insurance coverage for infertility, so I'm surprised that she made light of it in this interview! It's extremely cost-prohibitive for people! It's sad that just money stand in the way of millions of people becoming parents every year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. I'm ordering coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)