Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Few Things

1. If you haven't yet, please sign this petition!! There has been a tax credit in the tax code for the past few years to help offset the cost of adoption. However, if we don't have a placement within exactly 2 months, there's no way for us to get any kind of help from the government. (And it's EXPENSIVE!) This petition is to help extend the tax credit for families like us that want to adopt, but for whom it would be a huge financial burden! Please help!

2. Our agency in Memphis has a birthmother that they're working with and will likely show her our profile within the next week or two. My first response was to just think, "ok, whatever," because we know our profile has been shown before. But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that knowing ahead of time really gives us the opportunity to pray over this specific birthmother and her choice and pray that God's Will is done. Because we would be THRILLED if she chooses us, we will pray that that happens. :) But we also pray that God will minister to her, draw her to Himself and lead her to the right family, whoever that may be.


3. And lastly, National Infertility Awareness Week starts this Sunday!!! It's April 22-28.

Although I try to avoid talking about infertility on this blog, I will be talking about it every day next week with a new post. Several posts will focus on educating people about infertility, but I will get personal too. So, if you don't like reading about sad things, you may want to avoid my blog for a week, because infertility is such a grief. And you know what? As excited as we are about adopting, infertility will ALWAYS be a part of who we are. And it doesn't just disappear. Sooo.... it's about to get "raw." Both the good and the bad of infertility WILL be discussed. Not only will I write from my own perspective, but, if time allows, Dave will be guest posting. I'll also be sharing my thoughts on some books about infertility (that I have reviewed for another site) and will probably even have a giveaway or two! Resolve's (The National Infertility Association) theme this year is "Don't Ignore Infertility" and I'm sticking to that theme! I would LOVE it if you would join me in supporting those going through infertility and be willing to talk about such an uncomfortable, but hugely important issue!

4 comments:

  1. I will be praying for this birth mother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point about praying for that specific birthmother. I'll be saying some prayers for her this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be praying for the birth mother and will continue to keep you and David in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)