Friday, March 2, 2012

Find out about the "Forgotten Initiative"!

Listen in as Jen Young, Forgotten Advocate, shares the impact one 'journey bag' had on a precious foster care child,
"A caseworker called to say thank you for the journey bags we delivered. She described one story of a child that came into care with a sibling from a horrible situation that involved a death of a parent. Caseworkers tried to keep the two brothers together, but could not, which was very difficult for the boys.  The caseworker said that when she gave them a journey bag, their eyes lit up. She expressed how excited they were to have their own bag and the joy it brought the kids really touched the caseworker as well. 
I couldn't help but tell this caseworker about the 500 bags we received from a church that put each of these bags together.  I told her that while we're glad the bags are appreciated, needed and useful, God cares about this child and took care of the details. His hand was upon this situation and He knew just what this child needed!"
The "Journey Bag Project" is just one way The Forgotten Initiative, partnering with Lifesong for Orphans, seeks to bring joy and purpose to the foster care community. 
To see how you can be involved or to learn more, please visit their website.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thank you for posting on my blog! I could not see an email to write back to you about your question so I hope posting here is OK. We too were told that IVF was our only option when my DH's SA came back with <1% morphology. And we decided to go forward with IVF. My RE actually did 2/3rd ICSI and 1/3 natural to see if my DH's sperm would fertilize at all as it was unclear with the SA results.
    I ended up with 18 mature eggs, of the 12 with ICSI, 10 fertilized and of the 6 naturally, 2 fertilized so it was a much lower rate but it still happened. We ended up transferring 3 and freezing 2 (I can not remember whether the ICSI or naturally fertilized were transferred / frozen.) In the end my IVF was a BFN and my FET was a chem pregnancy. At our STBU appointment after both, our RE said since we know that the sperm can fertilize on its own, our options now were IVF again or to step back with Injects/IUIs. For financial reasons (as we do not have insurance coverage for IVF), we stepped back and went for the Injects/IUIs. My DH's sperm results did improve a little (I am not sure by how much.) I think they improved as he had lost some weight & was exercising more. So a healthier lifestyle helped us even though my dr said it often does not. In the end, I had another early loss with our first IUI, and a successful pregnancy that resulted in our little boy after our 4th IUI. I have to admit that my dr stimmed me pretty hard and I ended up with 6 eggies. And I am hoping we have a sticky bean with this IUI for our 2nd. Only time will tell. I am sorry I am rambling here... but I wanted to say that if IUI is an option for you while you are going through the adoption process, I would highly recommend that you try it as it can work for MFI. I know two other couples where IVF did not work and IUI did. Of course, I do not want to lead you down the wrong path as I know you have been through a lot.

    I wish you the best as you move forward. Thank you again for posting on my blog. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I apologize for my long post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the online version of a hug! Thanks for showing the love by commenting! :-)